There are two ways to automatically generate invoices for equipment used. You can include the timesheet on a day sheet and generate an invoice for it. The amount invoiced is the extended amount displayed on each timesheet. This same amount appears on the A/R Client Daily reports.
Another way to bill for equipment is by using the A/R Intercompany Invoicing utility with source ‘EQ’. This utility uses a complex algorithm that analyzes the availability and use of each unit of equipment transferred onto a job site.
The Intercompany Invoicing utility can be used to bill for payroll, materials, or equipment. We’ll cover the equipment billing here.
First, navigate to [b] Receivables, then [p] Intercompany Billing.
The utility window will display.
The ‘EQ’ source allows the company holding the contract to bill their client for equipment rentals. The A/P invoices are posted against the client’s job, and the A/R invoices are posted to the equipment. These are considered external billings. Internal billings are between companies that own equipment and companies that use equipment. These are generated from the ‘B’illing action in the E/Q Equipment Transfer Entry screen.
Equipment is billed using the billing algorithm outlined in the Equipment overview. Equipment rates are recorded on timesheets when they are entered. If they change in between recording the timesheets and running the billing, the rates on the timesheets are updated with the rates actually used.
to company –
must be entered and valid company – attempting to tab through this field will bring a drop down list of valid companies.
– must be entered and valid job – attempting to tab through this field leaving it blank will bring a drop down list of valid jobs.
– must be entered and valid job in ‘to company’- attempting to tab through this field will bring a drop down box of valid jobs.
– must be entered – may be one of ‘AP’ – Accounts Payable, ‘EQ’ – Equipment or ‘PR’ – Payroll.
Cost or T&m
– this field is available when the ‘from job’ entered has a Time & Materials rate type – the user has the option of ‘C’ost – cost only or ‘T’ime and Materials rate.
from area, to
– the from area and to fields will determine the area range.
from centre, to
– the from centre and to fields will determine the centre range.
from vendor, to
– the from vendor and to fields will determine the vendor range – this field is only available with source type ‘AP’.
from equipment, to
– the from equipment and to fields will determine the equipment type range – this field is only available with source type ‘EQ’.
– YYYY.MM.DD – valid date up to the beginning of the next month.
to – to date
– YYYY.MM.DD equal to or greater than the from date – the ‘from date’ and ‘to’ fields determine the date range.
– must be one of ‘A’ctual – date the record was entered, e’X’tracted – extracted date or ‘N’ot extracted.
– available with the source type ‘PR’ and must be one of ‘Y’es – only invoice hours or ‘N’o – invoice hours and dollars.
– must be valid client code – attempting to tab through this field leaving it blank will bring a drop down list of valid client codes.
– valid vendor in ‘to company’ set of books – attempting to tab through this field leaving it blank will bring a drop down list of valid vendors.
– must be an unused Accounts Receivable invoice number.
– YYYY.MM.DD – valid date between ‘from date’ and ‘to date’ range entered.
– defaults to current company’s job province
from A/R GL
– this field is populated by the system and taken from the client in the current set of books.
to A/P GL
– this field is populated by the system and taken from the vendor in the ‘to company’.
– current Accounts Receivable General Ledger period up to 6 months in the future.
Undoing an Intercompany Invoice
As a final step, the cost items selected for invoicing are marked as extracted so they aren’t picked up a second time.
For payroll, the extract reference on the labour dispersion records are set to this invoice number.
For equipment, the extract reference on the equipment timesheets are set to this invoice number, the billing start and end dates are set to the selected date range selected, the total billing amount is recorded, as well as the rates in use at the time of billing.
For Accounts Payable billings, the extract reference on the A/P Invoices are set to this invoice number.
In the event an error is made, the invoices would have to be deleted and the cost items unextracted. Only some users have the ability to set the status of the cost items to unextracted. If your user id is setup to allow this, you would need to generate one of the reports specific to the type of extract. After exporting the data for the report, you will be given the option to unextract the cost items. The reports for this are:
- J/C Client Code Labour Dispersion
- J/C Centre Labour Dispersion
- J/C Employee Labour Dispersion
- There isn’t a report for unextracting equipment timesheets. Use the ‘z’ action to do this.
- A/P Invoices by Centre in Job
- A/P Invoices by Vendor in Job
- A/P Invoices by Vendor P/O Number